Above, a 1934 plaque from the Big Apple Night Club at West 135th Street and Seventh Avenue in Harlem. Discarded as trash in 2006.
• Eagle (golf score) (4/16)
• Birdie (golf score) (4/16)
• Albatross (golf score) (4/16)
• YIMBY (Yes In My Back Yard) (4/15)
• Millionaire’s Building or Power Building/Tower of Power (740 Park Avenue) (4/15)
More new entries...
Above, Big Apple Corner at 54th Street and Broadway in Manhattan.
Above, John J. Fitz Gerald, from the Oct. 17, 1931, Turf Play, p. 7.
Listen to Robert Emmerich introduce The Big Apple, a hit song from 1937. Music written by Bob and performed by Tommy Dorsey's Clambake Seven with Bob on piano. Lyrics written by Buddy Bernier and sung by Edythe Wright. Audio provided by Dorothy Emmerich.