A plaque remaining from the Big Apple Night Club at West 135th Street and Seventh Avenue in Harlem.

Above, a 1934 plaque from the Big Apple Night Club at West 135th Street and Seventh Avenue in Harlem. Discarded as trash in 2006.

Recent entries:
“If you can walk, you can dance” (dance adage) (5/4)
“If you can talk, you can sing” (music adage) (5/4)
“Be honest, you haven’t even walked a mile in your own shoes” (5/4)
“I’m drinking 2% milk, wondering what the other 98% is” (5/4)
“If your name is on the building, you’re rich” (5/4)
More new entries...

Entries in the categoryBig Guava (Tampa nickname)