• Buffalo: “Buffalo. For Real” (slogan) (9/28)
• “Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it’s off to the kitchen I go. To grab a cup and fill it up. Heigh-ho, heigh-ho” (9/28)
• Firemelon (fire + melon; jocular formation after “watermelon") (9/28)
• Airmelon (air + melon; jocular formation after “watermelon") (9/28)
• Elemelons (elements + melons; watermelon, firemelon, earthmelon, airmelon) (9/28)
More new entries...
Above, John J. Fitz Gerald, from the Aug. 15, 1931, Binghamton (NY) Press, pg. 14.
Listen to Robert Emmerich introduce "The Big Apple," a hit song from 1937. Music written by Bob and performed by Tommy Dorsey's Clambake Seven with Bob on piano. Lyrics written by Buddy Bernier and sung by Edythe Wright. Audio provided by Dorothy Emmerich.
This site is edited by Barry Popik.