• “Banana bread is technically fruitcake” (5/16)
• “Knowledge is knowing carrots are good for your eyes. Wisdom is knowing not to insert them directly” (5/16)
• “I could use a foot massage, 3 donuts, and an orgasm” (5/16)
• The Apple (sculpture in Hudson River Park, 2004) (5/16)
• “If you needed a reason to unfriend me, I like pineapple on pizza” (5/16)
More new entries...
Above, John J. Fitz Gerald, from the Aug. 15, 1931, Binghamton (NY) Press, pg. 14.
Listen to Robert Emmerich introduce "The Big Apple," a hit song from 1937. Music written by Bob and performed by Tommy Dorsey's Clambake Seven with Bob on piano. Lyrics written by Buddy Bernier and sung by Edythe Wright. Audio provided by Dorothy Emmerich.
This site is edited by Barry Popik.