• Entry in progress—BP (8/16)
• “The federal government is organized crime” (8/16)
• “A crow walks into a bar, and he says ‘ouch’. It was a crow bar” (bar joke) (8/16)
• “A crow walks into a bar. It becomes a crowbar” (bar joke) (8/16)
• “True fact: Before the crowbar was invented, most crows drank at home” (8/16)
More new entries...
Above, John J. Fitz Gerald, from the Aug. 15, 1931, Binghamton (NY) Press, pg. 14.
Listen to Robert Emmerich introduce "The Big Apple," a hit song from 1937. Music written by Bob and performed by Tommy Dorsey's Clambake Seven with Bob on piano. Lyrics written by Buddy Bernier and sung by Edythe Wright. Audio provided by Dorothy Emmerich.
This site is edited by Barry Popik.