Earlier this year, The Old Stone House mounted a modest visibility campaign, circulating fliers in the vicinity of the park and coining a new nickname for the area: StoHo.
Finally Park Slope, Brooklyn has a men's clothing store. Located on Third Street and Fifth Ave in the heart of STOHO (the Stone House District)
The Stone House, built by the Vechte family and later purchased by the Cortelyou family, is sacred ground in Brooklyn. The site of the most heroic and important action of the American Revolution, it was originally part of the marsh land properties farmed by the Cortelyou family, and later served as the clubhouse for the Infant Brooklyn Dodgers before their move to fabled Ebbets field.
In August of 1776, with the American Army surrounded, The British poised to destroy American freedom in the womb, and all hope lost, Mordechai Grist lead some 400 Marylanders in a desperate movement to cover the retreating American troops on the blood soaked lands around the Stone House. The house, faithfully restored to it's original grandeur in Byrne Park and 3rd Street and 4th Ave, is today a run by the First Battle revival Alliance as an educational center and Cultural resource by all Brooklynites, home and everywhere.
Celebrated by such notables as McNeil Lehrer regular and noted historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Borough President Howard Golden, and others, the value of the Stone House is only beginning to be realized, along with Brooklyn's other contributions to American History.