A plaque remaining from the Big Apple Night Club at West 135th Street and Seventh Avenue in Harlem.

Above, a 1934 plaque from the Big Apple Night Club at West 135th Street and Seventh Avenue in Harlem. Discarded as trash in 2006. Now a Popeyes fast food restaurant on Google Maps.

Recent entries:
“You can’t tax your way to prosperity. You can’t bomb your way to security. And you can’t ban your way to liberty” (4/21)
“You can’t bomb your way to security” (4/21)
“You can’t bomb your way to democracy” (4/21)
“You can’t ban your way to freedom” (4/21)
“If you can鈥檛 expose crime in the government, you don鈥檛 really have a government. You have a dictatorship…” (4/21)
More new entries...

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z


Entry from February 10, 2024
“Democracy: because minorities are always wrong”

In a pure democracy, the will of the majority always wins and minorities always lose. Because of this tyranny of the majority. a democracy is not a preferred form of government. “Democracy: because minorities are always wrong” is a saying of unknown authorship, but it probably originated on a meme.
 
“Democracy, because minorities are always wrong!” was posted on X/Twitter by King Kilo 馃彺 馃憫 on May 2, 2020. “Democracy - Because minorities are always wrong” was posted on X/Twitter by 鈧溾倳鈧慍鈧愥担鈧涒倻鈧掆倷 on May 18, 2020. “DEMOCRACY Because Minorities Are Always Wrong” (shown on an image of a person dropping a ballot into a box, with credit is given to chirchofstate.com) was posted on Facebook by Anarcho-Avalanche Ball on September 24, 2020.
   
   
X/Twitter
Posts Against Humanity
@BryanMo88320272
75% of Americans are not necessarily smarter or more moral or ethical than the other 25%. Democracy is the belief that majorities are always right and minorities are always wrong.
4:05 PM 路 Jan 28, 2020
 
X/Twitter
King Kilo 馃彺 馃憫
@kilometresoflun
“Democracy, because minorities are always wrong!”
Quote
Kate Rose
@ktrrrrrrose
路May 2, 2020
Replying to @kilometresoflun @kaosum and 3 others
80% of Canadians are pretty happy about it.
10:39 PM 路 May 2, 2020
   
X/Twitter
King Kilo 馃彺 馃憫
@kilometresoflun
Yay democracy! Because minorities are always wrong! Ammirite?
9:20 AM 路 May 9, 2020
     
X/Twitter
鈧溾倳鈧慍鈧愥担鈧涒倻鈧掆倷
@TheCarston
Democracy - Because minorities are always wrong.
12:22 PM 路 May 18, 2020
   
X/Twitter
Rambling Photon
@ramblingphoton
My favorite variation, stolen from an anonymous twitter person:
Democracy: because minorities are always wrong
10:49 PM 路 Jun 18, 2020
   
X/Twitter
Kaiser
@chillywillers
Democracy: because minorities are always wrong
3:15 PM 路 Jul 17, 2020
   
Facebook
Anarcho-Avalanche Ball
September 24, 2020 at 10:23 AM 路
Libleft Authright alliance?
(The following text is shown on an image of a person dropping a ballot into a box. Credit is given to chirchofstate.com—ed.)
DEMOCRACY
Because Minorities
Are Always Wrong

X/Twitter
Kaiser
@chillywillers
Democracy: because minorities are always wrong
10:23 AM 路 Oct 8, 2020
 
X/Twitter
Rothmus 馃彺
@Rothmus
(The following text is shown on an image of a person dropping a ballot into a box.—ed.)
DEMOCRACY
Because Minorities
Are Always Wrong
9:29 AM 路 Feb 9, 2024

Posted by Barry Popik
New York CityGovernment/Law/Military/Religion /Health • Saturday, February 10, 2024 • Permalink


Commenting is not available in this channel entry.